Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Well, I guess it's time for a PICC line...

The doctor has finally decided that it is time to change the way Paul is receiving his nutrition.  The J-tube is just not working out so well.  He keeps vomiting.  He still gets nauseous and has a little bit of vomiting when they turn off the feeding, but it could be some residual effect...who knows?  So, now it is a different plan.  The will be putting in a PICC line tomorrow.  He will be receiving TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) through the PICC line.  A benefit to this happening is that he might come home tomorrow evening or Friday.  I think it would lift his spirits a lot to be home for Christmas.  He has not been his normal, happy self.  He is just so depleted...

I really hope this helps Paul.  He has been suffering so much.  I hate to see him go through this...

3 comments:

  1. We love you and are thinking about you. PICC lines might be the way to go. Tell Paul we are thinking about him.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it will bring him home, I say PICC line! (That is what they were going to do to me if I didn't get my MRSA cleared up.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PICC line!!! Bring it on!!! Let's get him feeling better!!!

    I feel the same way Sandra. It's so hard to watch him go through this. I don't think I have ever seen him like this before and it breaks my heart :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...