Monday, December 19, 2011

A better day today...

Paul is doing quite a bit better today.  He has not thrown up since about 5:00 yesterday.  He is back in intermediate care because the nurse he had yesterday was not taking very good care of him.  There were so many things that could have helped him yesterday to do better and the nurse just did not know what he was doing.  Anyway, long story short, I met with the charge nurse yesterday about 5:00 and told her everything that happened.  She heard everything I told her and agreed that he needed better care.  They moved him about 7:00 last night.  They are giving him his meds on time which is helping.   I know that he still would have had problems yesterday.  I also know it would have been better if he had been receiving his meds as prescribed.  They did a CT scan last night just to make sure everything looked good...they did not see any problems...which is good.

I am sure that we have a very long road ahead of us.  I also know that he could get sick again any time.  It is a scary process...  We appreciate all the prayers and positive thoughts coming our way.  We also appreciate all the help we have been receiving.  There have been so many people doing so many kind deeds! People have just shown up or called right when I needed them most, fed me dinner when I got home from the hospital, taken my garbage can out and brought it back, shoveled my driveway, sent me text messages of encouragement and love, babysitting our dog Zoey, and so many other kind things. It has helped so much having people watch my children for me...my children are actually very happy because they have been playing with friends.  In fact, they usually don't want to come home with me! I apologize to those I have not talked to personally that have sent me messages and called.  I know that you are there for us too!   I can't believe how amazing all our friends and family have been. Thank you does not adequately express how we feel, but I don't know how else to say it!  We love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for you all. Thanks for your posts! Sure do love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info Sandra. I was trying to think of somewhere in (or out) of the hospital that you could have gone to yell or punch something yesterday but all I could think of was outside or in your car (with the windows rolled up). You can punch my arm next time we see you just to let off some of yesterday's frustrations.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...